Become a Volunteer
The Five Towns Early Learning Center offers volunteer opportunities for members of the community. Volunteers from NCJW, Peninsula Section are an integral part of our program, coming weekly to work with the children. High-school students and those who need community service, can find volunteer opportunities here. If you enjoy being with young children, are interested in reading stories to children or would like to share your talents with us, please call the Center at 239-4660. Our volunteers find that what they get out of the experience for exceeds what they give.
How To Donate
Your generosity has a direct impact on the lives of young children. The Five Towns Early Learning Center is a not-for-profit (501c3) organization which depends on support from foundations, government agencies and individuals to fulfill its mission. Your donation is tax deductible in accordance with the rules and regulations of the Internal Revenue Service.
The Two-Year-Old Class
- Twos learn best through sensory activities and hands-on learning experiences.
- Twos communicate by using two and three word sentences. As they mature and practice, they begin to use more complicated language and more complex sentences to express their needs. They learn more complex language from the modeling of the adults in their world.
- Twos engage in parallel play.
- Twos are egocentric but are making the transition toward being aware of the needs and feelings of others.
- Twos struggle with waiting, sharing, and hearing “no”.
- Twos are working hard on emerging independence. While they want to do things on their own, they still look for the support of an adult.
Our classroom is divided into centers that support all area of development - physical, intellectual, social, and emotional development.